Being independent is something that everyone strives for whether you’re able-bodied or disabled. I see a lot of recipes online that take hours to make. Who has time for that? I know I sure don’t, nor do I want to be stuck in a hot kitchen with 20 different pans and gadgets just to make one recipe; especially during the summer!
A few weeks ago I was craving a chocolate chip cookie; however, I knew that it would be a horrible idea for me to bake a dozen cookies (like what most recipes call for). Lets face it, I’d probably eat them all in about three days! While it would be a yummy thing to do at the time, I’m pretty sure my body would tell me later how bad of an idea that was. But, what if we could make one cookie, in one “mug” in about 5 minutes? Genius, right? You think that now, but you may regret you found this recipe after you’ve made a cookie everyday due to how easy it is!
I promise you that this recipe is super easy and SUPER delicious that you won’t even be able to tell that you used a microwave! Yep, that’s right–a microwave to bake a cookie. Who knew!
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- less than 1/4 c flour
- 2 heaping tbsp mini chocolate chips
- coffee mug
- Add butter to a coffee mug and melt in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds); butter should just be melted, not boiling.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and salt; stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only; stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again.
- Add flour, chocolate chips, and give a final stir; now your mixture will look like cookie dough.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds; start checking for done-ness at 40 seconds.
- Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools; if the cookie is dry or cake like, try less time.
- Serve warm, however be careful because the cookie will be VERY warm.