Grants for Wheelchair Accessible Vans in Arkansas

Financial Resources for Funding a Handicap Van in Arkansas

Paying to lease or purchase a wheelchair van may seem overwhelming. The same often holds true even when you only want to add accessibility or adaptive driving conversions to a vehicle. Don’t worry; there are lots of Arkansas disability grants and plenty of assistance finding them if you know where to look. At The Mobility Resource, we want to help, too.

We’ve dug up and compiled the resources below. They include Arkansas State departments and other groups that either provide financial aid or guide you toward useful funding options, or both. Make contact with these organizations to discover all the monetary assistance you or your loved one with limited mobility might qualify for.

Also, don’t overlook Arkansas offices of national nonprofits and other bodies that aid people with your specific disability. Many award disability grants and they can all steer you toward additional funding.

Mobility Consultations: If you are unsure about what type of conversion would be best for you — or would like assistance with finding financial resources, you can request a Free Needs Analysis and Mobility Consultation at any of The Mobility Resource dealer locations.

Disclaimer: This information is intended to assist you in your purchase or financing of a wheelchair van, and is in no way an offer or advertisement for a free wheelchair van.

Sources for Arkansas Disability Grants and Assistance

Arkansas Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)

The ADRCs around Arkansas are major resources for learning about the benefits and support you can receive as a disabled or elderly state resident. This should be one of the first organizations you contact in your quest for disability grants you can put toward a wheelchair van. Click the link provided to go to an interactive map that allows you to locate your nearest Center by selecting your county.

Arkansas Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)

This link takes you directly to a map of Arkansas. Click on your county to find the AAA office dedicated to your area. If you need a handicapped-accommodating van because of age-related impaired mobility or a disability, the agency can help you track down monetary assistance.

910 E 4th St
El Dorado, AR 71730
(870) 862-6051

Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)

If you’re an Arkansas resident who served in a branch of the US military, the DVA will help you receive all the benefits you’ve earned. This may include a disability grant for a wheelchair van or accessibility modifications and equipment if your mobility problems resulted from enlistment.

Building 65, Room 119
2200 Fort Roots Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72114
(501) 370-3820

[email protected]

Arkansas Disability Coalition (ADC)

If your family has a disabled child, ADC is a place to turn for services, support and financial assistance. Ask this nonprofit organization for help getting the handicap van or conversions you need to transport your child to school, medical appointments, activities and other places.

1501 N. University Ave., Suite 268
Little Rock, AR 72207
(501) 614-7020 or (800) 223-1330

Arkansas Governor’s Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC)

The Arkansas Governor’s DDC envisions a world where every individual with a developmental disability has every opportunity to lead a meaningful, participatory life. It awards disability grants and provides other support to help people with developmental disabilities and their families achieve these ends.

5800 West 10th Street, Suite 805
Little Rock, AR 72204
Phone: (501) 661-2589 or (800) 462-0599, ext. 661 2589

Arkansas Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

SILC fights to maximize the potential for independent living for Arkansas residents with disabilities or who are becoming more limited as they age. You won’t get grant money from the Council, but you’ll get useful advice on where to turn.

11324 Arcade Dr., Suite 7
Little Rock, AR 72212
(501) 372-0607 or (800) 772-0607

[email protected]

Arkansas Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)

This division of the State’s Department of Career Education helps persons with disabilities living in Arkansas to obtain and maintain rewarding employment. For many disabled individuals, a handicap van makes all the difference for being able to enter the workforce. In such cases, this agency may offer financial assistance.

Increasing Capabilities Access Network (ICAN)

ICAN, operating under the Arkansas Department of Career Education’s Rehabilitation Services Division, is a statewide assistive technology program. It’s in place to help disabled residents acquire the assistive technologies that allow them to lead more engaged, independent lives.

26 Corporate Hill Drive
Little Rock, AR 72205
(501) 666-8868 or toll free (800)828-2799

[email protected]

These are only some of the resources for Arkansas disability grants and assistance.

If you know of or work with another department or organization in Arkansas that should be listed on this page, please forward its information to [email protected].