Grants for Wheelchair Accessible Vans in Indiana

Financial Resources for Funding a Handicap Van in Indiana

Disability grants can be the difference between getting and not getting your wheelchair accessible vehicle. For Indiana residents with impaired mobility, state-specific sources of monetary assistance are available. This financial aid can offset the cost of or pay for a new or used handicap van lease or purchase, or it can fund accessibility equipment and modifications like hand driving controls, fold-out or in-floor ramps, wheelchair or scooter lifts, pivoting seat systems and other adaptive solutions.

This roster of government departments and other groups offers a starting point for locating Indiana disability grants for your handicapped-friendly vehicle. Many hand out funds themselves. A few just guide you in the search for funding assistance. Don’t overlook these organizations; they help you find providers of grant money you may not uncover on your own.

Also, speak to Indiana-based chapters of disability-specific charitable and research associations serving individuals with your particular cause of limited mobility. Many award disability grants, and all can point you in the right direction for finding more.

Mobility Consultations: If you are unsure about what type of conversion would be best for you — or would like assistance with finding financial resources, you can request a Free Needs Analysis and Mobility Consultation at any of The Mobility Resource dealer locations.

 Used Wheelchair Van

Find your perfect Wheelchair Van

Select from thousands of wheelchair vans for sale from hundreds of nationwide dealers

The Mobility Resource has one of the largest selections of Dodge, Toyota, Chrysler, Honda, Ford, Chevrolet wheelchair vans

View All Wheelchair Vans

Disclaimer: This information is intended to assist you in your purchase or financing of a wheelchair van, and is in no way an offer or advertisement for a free wheelchair van.


Indiana Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)

ADRCs are collaboratively operated by the US Administration on Community Living and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. They are some of the best places to turn to for the most current, easily accessed information about the rights, services and support to which you’re entitled as an aging or disabled citizen. Use the interactive map of the state of Indiana at the link above to find your area’s office.

Indiana Assistive Technology Act (INDATA)

When disabled people living in Indiana need help getting their hands on assistive technology, INDATA steps up to make it happen. It provides various services and other forms of support. Get in touch early on in your quest for disability grants for a handicap van.

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 466-2013 or (888) 466-1314

[email protected]

Indiana Association of Area Agencies on Aging (IAAA)

IAAA advocates on behalf of the Indiana’s elderly and disabled populations. It oversees 16 offices around the state, and your nearest one is standing by to help you or your loved one maintain independence and self-determination.

4755 Kingsway Drive Suite 318
Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 205-9201

[email protected]

Indiana Council on Independent Living (ICOIL)

This is Indiana’s branch of the national group of Statewide Independent Living Centers (SILCs). The Council aims to lead the movement of independent living for residents with age- or disability-related difficulties. It involves itself in local politics, runs Independent Living Centers around the state and participates in making life better for the disabled in various other ways. Ask for guidance when you’re looking for disability grants for a wheelchair van or accessibility conversions to improve or maintain your independence.

402 W. Washington Street, Rm. W453
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083

[email protected]

Indiana Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)

Since 1945, the DVA has been helping Indiana-based military veterans access the benefits and assistance from the State and US governments they’re entitled to. This may include a disability grant for a handicapped-accommodating vehicle if you lost mobility during service.

302 W. Washington Street, Room E120
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2738
(317) 232-3910 or (800) 827-1000

Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)

Run by the state’s Bureau of Rehabilitation Services, VRS is dedicated to helping persons with disabilities in Indiana enter the workforce. If this would be more realistic if you had a handicap van, the division may offer you a disability grant to help you get it.


If you know of or work with another Indiana organization or department that belongs here, please forward its information to [email protected].