Dodge Wheelchair Vans
Now a part of Stellantis, the Dodge brand is a popular American vehicle brand known for its performance vehicles. The Dodge Grand Caravan has been a trusted vehicle for mobility conversions for decades. Although the Grand Caravan is no longer in production, many used conversions are still available to buyers who are interested in affordable, reliable wheelchair vans. Conversion manufacturers, including BraunAbility and VMI, often equip Dodge vehicles for handicap conversions. Handicap Dodge Grand Caravans are able to meet a variety of lifestyles and budgets:
- Customers can choose from Dodge rear-entry vans and Dodge side-entry vans based on their needs and preferences.
- Dodge wheelchair vans are available with fold-out or in-floor ramps that can be either manual or automatic.
- In addition to style and comfortability, Dodge mobility vehicles come in many affordable options.
Dodge Grand Caravan
The Dodge Grand Caravan wheelchair van offers many benefits and is available in various trim levels. The most popular wheelchair-accessible models include the Dodge Grand Caravan SE and SXT. The Dodge Grand Caravan SE is the base level trim option available, which is the most affordable option of all the Dodge models. The Dodge Grand Caravan SXT includes updated trim features including window shades in the second and third rows, an eight-way, power adjustable driver’s seat with adjustable lumbar support, and third row seats that can fold into the floor. Explore the side-entry and rear-entry Dodge Grand Caravan below to find the right conversion to fit your unique needs.
Side-Entry Dodge Grand Caravan
Both the Dodge Grand Caravan SE and SXT are available for side-entry conversion. Below are a few benefits of a side-entry Dodge Grand Caravan conversion:
- Flexible floor plan configurations.
- Wheelchair users are able to drive the vehicle or sit in the passenger seat with proper outfitting.
- Vehicle can be exited with the wheelchair facing forwards or backwards, depending on the user’s preference.
- Multiple ramp options, including manual and power, fold-out ramps, and in-floor ramps that stow under the van once the door is closed.
- An impressive ramp weight capacity of 800lbs.
- Lowered-floor design that offers more accessibility to the driver’s seat, as well as more room when entering, exiting, and traveling in the vehicle.
Rear-Entry Dodge Grand Caravan
The Dodge Grand Caravan SE and SXT are both available for rear-entry conversion. Below are a few benefits of a rear-entry Dodge Grand Caravan wheelchair van:
- Rear-entry vans are typically more affordable than side-entry vans.
- Rear-entry vans are more widely available than side-entry vans.
- Attendants traveling with wheelchair users are able to be seated next to the wheelchair while in motion.
- Rear-entry vans make entering and exiting the vehicle as barrier-free for wheelchairs as possible, as well as providing easy entry and exit to and from the back seats.
- Rear-entry vehicles offer more parking flexibility in standard parking spaces.
- Rear-entry van ramps are wider and can accommodate a variety of wheelchair sizes.
- Rear-entry wheelchair vans provide more seating positions (up to 6 passengers) inside the vehicle when fold-down rear benches and center seats are maintained, making them an excellent choice for large families.